Tuesday 30 April 2013

Engagement Reading


Engaged life has given me reason and excitement to read. Who would have thought?

This and this book (both highly recommended!) have given me lots of 'ah-ha' moments. I thought I had a good idea of how a male works, but have now realised that I have so much more to learn - some things only life can teach me. I can't wait.

So far, I have not only learnt that respect can mean more to a man than anything else but also, when a male answers your question of "what are you thinking about?" with "nothing", they actually mean nothing - for a women, this can be so flipping frustrating because our brains don't work that way!

Our next book is this one, which was recommended by our newly-wed friends.

Mr J and I know that we can't prepare ourselves fully to what marriage will hold, however, we feel so blessed for the encouragement and support we have. With God walking with us, we are excited!

If you want more information on the books we are reading, feel free to contact me! On the other hand, if you have any advice, that is more than welcome too.

Love is a choice.

1 comment:

  1. 'Be Happy' [Patrick Lindsay]
    ...Start again
    Nothing stays the same.
    Look at nature.
    Use change wisely.
    Like a sporting champion, change a losing game.
    Keep things that matter.
    Lose things that don't.
    Set goals.
    Start afresh.
    BJ and I pray that you will continue to be blessed by God as you learn new things every day about each other.
    XX

    ReplyDelete