Friday 25 October 2013

{The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller}

After six months of this book making trips from my bookshelf, to the car, to my hambag, to my bedside table and back to my bookshelf I have finally started reading it and only wish I had started it ages ago. I can't put it down because it makes so much sense! Timothy Keller is not only teaching me about marriage - I'm learning about myself, about God and about life.

There is one thing I never thought I could bring myself to do, and that is highlight pages of a brand new novel but in this case, the things I'm reading deserve highlighting. I don't often make it to the end of a book but as I unite with page 170, I can see myself in it for the long haul. So far, this is definitely making it to this page.



What is some of your recommended reading?
Happy Weekend Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. “To read a writer is for me not merely to get an idea of what he says, but to go off with him and travel in his company.”
    - Andre Gide
    I am reading 'The Life of Pi' at the moment: two people recommended it to me, but I'm not enjoying it (no highlighted pages). But, I don't like not finishing a book, so will persevere. Someone gave me the movie today, so will try that: but if I don't like it I will turn that off.
    Pray you have a good week.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard about 'The Life of Pi' as a movie but didn't realise there was a book as well - will be interested to see if it get's any better for you and if you enjoy the movie?

      Teagan

      Delete