Tuesday 14 August 2012

Play Ball


Mr J and I caught this and the subway to here for some baseball today. Mr J said he has never used his voice at a sporting match as much as he did today. For those who know Mr J, that's amazing. He loved it and so did I. The atmosphere was exciting and fun. The game was worth the money. Go Giants! We cheered and watched for over three hours but it felt like so much less. Excellent! We caught the same transport home but in reverse as earlier.
Tonight we have enjoyed the heated pool, organised our last shuttle to an airport in the states and packed our gear ready to leave. As we lay in our hotel, Mr J and I are amazed how fast the past 6 weeks have gone. Tomorrow we start our many hours of flying. We are sad our holiday is coming to an end but very excited to share the stories and photos with family and friends.
Mr J and I didn't have time to see the Golden Gate Bridge other than this day but we did find out some cool facts...
  • The total length of the wire used in main cables is enough to wrap around the earth 3 times (129,000 kms)!
  • They used 297,475 cubic metres of concrete to build the bridge
  • The bridge weighs 811,500,000 kg
  • It took 1,605 days to build the bridge
  • See the photo of me with a cable for more facts!
I'll talk to you when I'm in another timezone, bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment